Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not much to tell

There's not much to tell right now, but since it's been awhile since my last post, I figured I'd just write a little. Things in life are really challenging right now. It's always hard to run into someone and explain how things are going in life. On one hand they are going extremely well, and on the other, they are miserable. I am more confused than ever right now, but I'm hoping that soon enough I will have the courage, strength, and comfort to make a really hard decision. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and both of us have been at different points in our lives regarding the gospel. We were both raised in it, but have had our little speed bumps and twists in the path here and there. We're both at a point right now where we're ready to commit heart, mind, body and soul to the gospel and believe that it is the right path for us. We were talking about how nice it is to have girlfriends that have the same standards, beliefs and values finally. It's really hard trying to keep to the straight and narrow with so much temptation to veer. Having those close girlfriends allows for you to keep each other on track. I just hadn't realized how influential my friends are on me and how much strength they give me. So to all my friends out there - Thank you!!!

3 comments:

SheL said...

Shar you are awesome. It know it is really hard sometimes but we are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives. Nothing in this world compares to the blessings that we are given. It is awesome to have friends who are good examples and help remind us of what is truly important... so thank you =)

Emily said...

hey, i just wanted to let you know that i think about you all the time and hope that you;re doing ok. i love you.

Jane said...

Sharly,
I had wondered why I hadn't seen you around for some time. Of course, I don't know any details about what you are struggling with right now but I can say that my heart is breaking for you. If you would like to talk or get together sometime please let me know (janeketcheside@yahoo.com). Hang in there and remember that the Lord will support and sustain you in the righteous desires of your heart.
Love,
Jane