Monday, June 9, 2008

Time to return

I can't believe it's been a whole month since I posted anything here. Life has been crazy that's for sure. I've been working long hours, having busy weeks and just going crazy! I just got back on Friday night from working in Denver for the week. It was definitely interesting and I'm beginning to think I'm really going to like this job. I had a great time in Denver! It was an exceptionally long work week but it was kinda nice to be out of the office for a while.

Besides work, life is going one day at a time. I have found a house that I really like and am trying to purchase it right now. It will need a little bit of fixing up, but I think it's a really good deal, so I'm hoping that I can get everything taken care of to buy the house soon. It will be nice to finally have someone to call home and really make it my own. I have decided that feeling "home" is a very important factor to life. It's one that I missed for a really long time and I'm hoping to find it soon. I realize that part of a home is what you make it, but part of it is who is there, and having the freedom and the ability to make the place your own and make it somewhere that you want to be. This is what I'm looking to find.

So that is the update on my life right now. I don't have much more going on. I'll keep posting as I get new stuff to say or think of something witty to write here! I did hear a really good quote the other day though - it's said in the movie "Kung Fu Panda" but it just kinda hit me "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that's why we call it the present." I just really liked this and thought I'd share it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

i like your thoughts on having a home and bringing the people into it and making it your own. i think that's why people call it a sanctuary because it really is a part of them.

SheL said...

Its awesome to finally hear from you! Glad you are enjoying your job! Tyler is looking for jobs and one of the places he is looking is Denver... do you work there often?

Alex said...

I love that quote! Its a great one and so true. Love reading your thoughts! Its neat to see how much we have grown since back in the day, huh.

Rachel Adams said...

A House! Well look at at you being all adult! Shar that's awesome, I'm so proud of you. You are pretty much a super mega rock star.