Friday, June 27, 2008

It's been awhile

So I realized today how long it's been since I've really blogged anything. So here it goes! Things have been changing at a rapid pace! In the last 6 months, a lot has happened to change the course of my life. My divorce was finalized, I dated a guy that was really bad for me, I've found a guy that is totally awesome for me, I've made a lot of new friends, I've gotten a new job, I've started traveling with work, I've moved back to SLC and am back on my own, My sister got married, my brother left on a mission and I had a birthday. All of these things have changed me in ways that I couldn't even imagine 6 months ago. The most recent events have really made me start thinking. My brother is 19 and going on a mission to Taiwan for 2 years. How awesome is that? At 19 he's getting an opportunity to travel the world and learn a new language and grow in ways that he didn't even know he could. My sister has embarked on a new life of coupledome known as marriage. Although she was with Trevor so long that they practically were already married, I still think the fact that they are united as one now will change things a little bit. It's a great experience and even though I didn't have the best of luck or experiences with my marriage, I wish her all the best in hers. I think she'll be successful.
Now for things with me... They're great for the most part. Once in awhile there will be hard times and rough days, but those are to be expected in any situation. I have found a job that I absolutely love! I work a lot of hours, and that is okay with me. I have an awesome team around me that are great people to work with and great people to know. They will definitely be an asset to me growing in a professional sense. I have already been able to travel with my job! I went to Denver the beginning of this month and it was AWESOME!! We worked really long hours, and when the audit day was over, we went back to the hotel and worked some more, but that's part of working on the road and it gave me something to do, so I have no complaints! Things with Tony are awesome! He's such a sweetheart and I've realized that the one thing missing in so many of my other relationships is that I wasn't challenged to maintain my personality and be who I really was. He will absolutely not let me change for him, and I love that. I am able to keep my own interests, do what I want to do and maintain my individuality while still being a part of the relationship. Last week was Tony's sister's wedding. A LOT of his family came to town and I got to meet ALL of them! It was really fun to be able to be at wedding where I didn't know many people, yet I always had someone to talk to and I didn't feel like I needed to be right by Tony's side the whole time. It's nice to be able to be across the room from someone and still have the comfort of knowing that if I were to glance over at any time, he'd be looking at me or wink at me or do something to show that I'm there with him. It's a great feeling! :)
I guess one could say that this is a great period of learning for me. I'm definitely on an escalated learning curve and that is okay with me. I like it that way. Things are definitely changing in my life, and so far I don't think there's been a negative to the changes. They're all wonderful!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I so do love your posts. I think its so neat when we finally make that change for the better and just see what is important in our lives...its great. Thanks for always posting great things. Your amazing!

Jane said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you.