Monday, March 3, 2008

The power of Friends

It's no big surprise that trials happen to everyone in their life. Right now, I just so happen to be going through a BIG one. I have decided that it's times like this when I realize the power of having good friends. I had the opportunity to go out with some girl friends last weekend (you know who you are), and I have spent the entire rest of the weekend realizing that there is a reason we went to lunch right now. I think each of us are going through or have recently gone through some really rough times and in talking and sharing our stories I was overwhelmed by the power of the spirit that my friends have in them. They are so strong in the gospel and so faithful that sometimes it just amazes me that they are my friends. One thing that really stood out to me is that one of my friends said that sometimes, no matter how hard you pray, you have to realize that the Lord does hear and answer each one of our prayers, but we have to recognize that the answers may not come on our time. This just hit me like a brick wall. The trials that I have been dealing with lately are really starting to wear me down, and as hard as I feel I am praying or trying to listen for an answer, I have to step back and realize that I need to continue listening, but that the answer might not come right now. Then there's the part about the answer I want versus the answer that is the right thing to do. There's times that I am scared I have the answer already, but I'm unwilling to admit its the answer I've gotten. One of my friends recently asked me what kind of sign I'm looking for and I replied with "A lightening bolt." I replied out of humor, but now that I think about it, there was more truth to that response than I realize. But for now, I am going to try my hardest to do what I know is the right thing, and hopefully that lightening bolt or brick wall will hit me without causing too much damage!

No comments: